}

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Green Inspirations: rooftop farming on Eagle Street





















Some inspiring pictures taken by Todd Selby at Annie Novak's rooftop farm, Greenpoint New York.
The perfect prove that a city girl can live green and grow her own vegetables.
This is exactly what I would love to see more. Because a conscious way of living, stepping away from mass consumption and instant gratification is not only for hippies anymore.
She even has her own bees! It's a known fact that honey produced in cities have a richer flavor. The bees take honey from the flowers they find. In a city that's in parks and flower shops, where the variety is bigger. I wonder how Annie's homemade honey tastes.. :)

Find more pics on The Selby.

2 comments:

  1. If you like these images, you'll want to check out A Year At Eagle Street Rooftop Farm, a one-night show of my year-long photo documentary of the farm. It's being held Friday, Dec. 10, from 6 p.m. to midnight at 388 Atlantic. Ave. in Brooklyn.

    More info at nyerges.com and rooftopfarms.org. Hope you can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi scott,
    I would LOVE to, but I live in Europe so I won't make it :( I wish I could visit the farm some day..
    and I would love to have a rooftop farm myself..
    if the pictures will be online, let me know

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete